freshly molted H. lividum!

Go down

freshly molted H. lividum!

Post  scaley on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 am

Well what a challenge that is getting the molt out!!! i was looking at her tub the other day and thought i see a few more legs than usual?! so i left it untill today and decided to dig her up and see, plus i wanted the molt out!
i was just going to poke the tweezers down her burrow and pull it out but it was tucked around the corner! so it was a full overhaul im affraid!

i got a 50ltr RUB, put it in the bath and had a few pots and such to catch her with! started pulling the mud/soil out, then got to a tougher bit, this was where she webbed herself in, split that and found the molt, so got that out and was thinking 'sh*t thats quite big, whats she gona be like!' then all of a sudden i hear loads of tapping on the tub, this was where she flew out and ran around the tub! i got lid on pretty damn quick!

by this time my heart is going like a freight train!!! but still managed to get a couple pics before i got her cereal tub and filled it up with fresh sub, then caught her in a cricket tub(very tight!!!) and transferred her.

job done!

molt

her in the RUB!

just checked on her and this is how she is now
scaley
jedi master!
jedi master!

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: